[Gocamino] Late arrival in madrid

Jeff Mayor jmayor at occ.cccd.edu
Mon Apr 4 14:44:30 PDT 2005

Martha,
I arrived late in Madrid and took the metro (which is great- maybe one
of the best anywhere!) and stayed at Hostel Alcapulco in Plaza Carmen
right up the street from Plaza del Sol. I believe there is a change of
lines, but it was simple and the metro maps are easy to follow.  In the
Summer, it is still light in Madrid after 10pm. There is a great veggie
place to eat in Plaza Carmen across from Hostel Alcapulco .  Rick
Steves's book on Spain has a whole list of places to stay for Madrid
with e-mail addresses. From my own experience, only one of his
suggestions  (in Rome) was no good.
Best of Luck,
Jeff