hi from N.H.

Maria C. Garcia Barral mariacgbaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 28 07:53:47 PDT 2004

Hi, everybody!
My name is Maria .  I feel so proud of everything I read from your
experiences!! You see, I am from galicia. I went to college in santiago de
compostela wich is for me the best place to go. The experiences there while
you study are overwhelming...  You are surrounded by art and history and
even though I didni't fully appreciate it the very first year...it was like
a eye opener to have this privilege of going to class everyday to the
filology faculty,right there in the heart of the old santiago.  Since then
they have change it to journalist faculty to problably something else
today...

I grew up in madrid but we (my parents and brothers) moved back to galicia
just in time for me to start college. WE moved to Corunha, thats where we
are from. But spending 5 years in santiago whats the best experience.  It a
very cultural city you are expose to art everyday(in any form architecture,
books , poetry, music, food,all different people from all over galicia and
the world...)

I only hope for my chilgren to be able to have the experience of living
there , or at least to walk"  o camino" because it's such an incredible
experience. I have only walk a tiny little part in Melide (where my family
is original from) but years ago went doint it was not kind of a fashion
thing, and nobody was walking it.  (And i am only in my thirties!!)

Anyway I would like to make friends with anybody interested and maybe get
you in touch with people over there once you finish your walk .  All my
family and friends live there.  I live in usa with my husband and kids. Pero
teno moita morrina!!I feel a little isolated from my culture , so this is my
way to connect with person with similar interest.

Please feel free to write.

Moitos bicos.

maria.