(no subject)

Karen Mallory mallkaMTS.NET
Thu Sep 2 12:53:58 PDT 2004

Admirable, but I wonder if they have considered the environmental aspects of planting trees on the meseta.  Prairie land is more fragile than it appears, so perhaps, trees are not a good idea for it - however welcome a tree might be to the Pilgrims.  I hope it has been  a considered decision.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rosina Lila
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:23 PM
  Subject: (no subject)

  Hello again,
  The airline that flies directly to and from New York City to Venice is Delta.
  By the Monte de Gozo monument there are many newly planted trees and  a plaque that says that they were planted personally by the Director of the Xunta, the President of the Galician Parliament, and even the Queen, to commemorate "the year of the tree".
  Yesterday, a group of Camino Friends' Associations from France announced their commitment to plant one tree every seven meters all along the French Way.
  That is an admirable undertaking on the part of the French pilgrims considering the Meseta and such;  their announcement appeared to imply that they will also watch over the plantings until the trees are fully grown.
  Well.... here's a toast, (with Albarinho, of course), to the French pilgrims.
  Regards,
  Rosina