goCamino/American Pilgrims...

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 12 09:29:28 PDT 2004

Dear all,

Since there have been many questions in light of the fading away of goCamino
at the University of Rhode Island and the birth of goCamino at oakapple, as
chairman of American Pilgrims on the Camino, I'd like to clarify...

As stated elsewhere, Linda and David are continuing their pilgrimage journey
and entering a new phase in their careers.  Linda will remain, thankfully,
as advisor to American Pilgrims on the Camino, which will take on the role
of issuing credencials, supporting once and future pilgrims and expanding
into the annual gatherings, mailing lists, support for the Pilgrim's office
in Santiago and a great many etceteras.  It is a legal entity, a 501(c)(3),
meaning it is for public benefit, not profit.

David Hough, in an amazing gesture of selflessness, initiated a new list
serve to provide "Gocamino" subscribers an alternative when this list serve
closes its operations on Friday, Oct. 15. American Pilgrims congratulates
David and is eagerly awaiting the change-over. We've already signed up, and
hope you will too.  David is well known to us and does this service on all
of our behalf.

subscription instructions:

TO GET ON  THE LIST:    send any message to
                        gocamino-subscribeaoakapple.net
TO GET OFF THE LIST:    send any message to
                        gocamino-unsubscribeaoakapple.net
TO POST TO THE LIST:    send your message to
                        gocaminoaoakapple.net

Our official website, www.americanpilgrims.com posts events, announcements,
book reviews, and includes links to other sites more specificlly dedicated
to the various aspects of the pilgrim experience.  On that site you will
also find a survey to help us in our task to serve pilgrims.

Again, I hope you'll join us at gocamino at Oakapple and in May in Toronto
for our
8th annual gathering at St. Michael's College.

Ultreya,
Kathy Gower, PhD