Friends of the Road to Santiago and this listserve

davidson davidsonaETAL.URI.EDU
Tue Oct 5 17:49:32 PDT 2004

To Liz and all other wonderful people of this list serve. Thank you so much
for all of your wonderful words of support as I wind down "Gocamino" and
"Friends." It has been such a difficult decision as the Road has been part of
my life since 1974. It is where I met David Gitlitz and where I have been
proud to be a part of learning experiences of several groups of students, some
of whom still live in Spain, others who have gone on to academic purusits, and
others, Like Chris Hewitt, the web coordinator, who is now in Japan.

Liz, you're on your way to Central America. David and I drove from Rhode
Island to Panama and back in 1998, and we have spent several summers in
Guatemala and other places. There are lots of places named for Santiago. It
was always a joy for me to find those villages and see a statue of the saint,
and occasionally a scallop shell (whose meaning was not often understood). I
hope you'll enjoy discovering similar places.

Llinda Davidson