[Gocamino] More on Santiago statistics

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 18:01:56 PST 2004

Hello again,
Some of you have already written directly to me to suggest that we might pass the hat again and contribute to the $ efforts of the Pilgrims' Office to finalize the updating of their computer equipment.
The "American Pilgrims on the Camino" group from San Francisco was very efficient in accepting our contributions in a manner that rendered them tax-deductible by us. Perhaps we can do it again.
While the remittance that was sent to Santiago at the time took weeks to reach them, and exacted banking processing costs, when I was in Santiago last September I gave them a personal check of mine drawn on a bank in New York; the check was processed in about a week and no deductions for processing were made. They collected the Euro equivalent face amount of my check which was, of course, in U.S. Dollars.  This would appear to be the fastest, more economical, and generally better way of sending them funds.
Any contributions that we may make, individually, to foreign chrches, etc., are not tax-deductible in the U.S., however, those made through the San Francisco group would be.

Again, if you think of anything that I may get, or look into, when I am in Santiago next week, just let me know.
Warm regards,
Rosina