Compostela

Karen Willmus willmusaRUNESTONE.NET
Thu May 6 06:59:07 PDT 2004

So the problem is, if you run a marathon, but didn't fill out the forms right at the starting line, you won't get the T-shirt, eh?

 Oh, Howard, who ever said the Catholic Church was "enlightened?"  The Catholic Church is what it is.  If you want to be a member and play by the rules, you're welcome.  If not, that's fine, but I'd say, don't fake it.  I'm a Christian who has attended mass with my family for 15 years and never been able to take communion because I'm not Catholic.  Oh, sure, I could go up there when I attend a church where the priest doesn't know me, but the point of Christianity is not deception. (Besides, being an especially bad example for my kids.)  So I sit in the pews and take communion in my heart.  Or attend another church.

If you didn't go on a pilgrimage for religious reasons, what value does the Church's compostela have for you?  Buy a postcard and have your fellow pilgrims autograph it congratulating you that you made it.

Karen Willmus - a member of a highly dis-organized religion: Christianity