Update on Don Jaime and Pilgrims' Office computer situations.

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 5 12:18:58 PDT 2004

In previous messages, I stated that the American Pilgrims on the Camino
would accept checks for the computer terminals at the Pilgrim's Office and
gave a date of May 4th to respond.  As of yesterday, 11 pilgrims have
responded generously and we will be depositing the total amount of over
$600. into the Pilgrim Office a/c at the Bank of Bilbao. (see previous
messages).

If there are any other once and future pilgrims who would like to join this
effort, tax deductible checks made out to American Pilgrims on the Camino,
and marked for Don Jaime Garcia can be sent to:

American Pilgrims on the Camino
c/o Zita Macy
1514 Channing Avenue
Palo Alto, CA  94303

Thank you!

From: Rosina Lila <BlaroliaAOL.COM>
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Update on Don Jaime and Pilgrims' Office computer situations.
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 11:46:12 EDT

Hello you all,
  I've heard from Father Franco   that Don Jaime's state of health remains
the
same: slowly,  very slowly, improving.  The message I received reports that
Don Jaime attends Mass  daily but  is unable to co-participate in its
celebration. The message adds that Don Jaime spends most of his time praying
and that
those who know and love him pray for him

As to the computer situation, (caveat:  I personally don't understand these
things)  the message says that the Pilgrims' Office is working very hard to
mount  a computer net  that will consist of one computer  and eight
terminals
whence the pilgrims data would originate. Because they are  daily swamped
with
arriving pilgrims, the task is daunting; they are also working on an SQL
program
that would handle the data in such a manner that statistical results would
be
available on a daily basis. Meanwhile, however, they are still doing
everything by hand and statistical data for March is not yet available.
The Pilgrims' Office expresses its gratitude to those of us North American
and English-speaking pilgrims who have expressed a desire to help them out.
Warm regards,
Rosina