numbers..final

Robert Ward robertwardaGOSYMPATICO.CA
Wed May 5 07:12:43 PDT 2004

Good point, Claudia. I think it's also worth noting that the Santiago statistics don't make a distinction between religious and spiritual motives. There are a lot of "Caministas" who, if they have to give some motive, will give religion, but who lack meaningful ties to any particular church. The Santiago statistics imply that the Camino is still basically a ritual of the Catholic religion. THose of us who have done it know better.