why matamoros, at all

Scott Horton lasemillabesadaaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 4 07:52:38 PDT 2004

I care for a couple of reasons.

First, I am a musicologist studying the Cantigas de Santa Maria of Alfonso
el Sabio, and any thorough study of these works (I hope you know them)
necessitates a deep understading of the Pilgrimage, particulary as it was in
the 11th and 12th centuries, and the cultural, physical, religious and
geo-politcal elements that surrounded and surround it.

Second, I am an avid trekker and the Pilgrimage represents one of those very
special walking opportunites that is much much more than just a hike for
some of the same reasons I cite above.

Third, I have deep respect for all religion and spirituality and am equally
interested in the Shinto 88-Shrine Pilgrimage in Japan and other
religious/spiritual journeys as metaphors for and pratical uides to
accessing deeper understanding of the divine.

--Scott