Digital Cameras

Ivar Rekve ivar.rekveaREKVE.COM
Tue May 4 00:17:39 PDT 2004

I also know that many photo stores in Spain (in Santiago de Compostela at
least) will burn your photos to a CD for about 3 euros. Many of them have a
system where you insert your memory card into a computer system and your
transfer the files from there. You can also make printouts at these stores.

This is how it is in Santiago, can't guarantee how it is along the way.

Ivar
www.santiago-today.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On Behalf
Of Richard Ferguson
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2004 20:54
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Digital Cameras

As far as I know, the only solution that would work in most any cybercafe is
to have the camera write the photos to a floppy disk or CD.  You could then
insert the disk into the cybercafe computer and send it.  I saw a nice one
the other day, it burned a mini-cd that you should be able to read in most
all computers.  However, it was not a small camera.  The Sony Mavicas used
to be popular, wrote a .jpg file to a floppy, that would work most anywhere.

You generally can't load camera software onto a cybercafe computer, many of
which are old anyway.

But I am not the real expert on this, let's see what experiences others
have.

Richard