why matamoros, at all

Karen Willmus willmusaRUNESTONE.NET
Mon May 3 20:58:50 PDT 2004

I'm a little surprised in this "Matamoros" discussion on a "Christian" list
that no one has brought up the obvious:

Historical references such as the Matamoros, the Crusades, ... you name
it...are things that we as Christians should point out as examples of how we
sin -- all of us -- no matter what our best intentions are.  Saddam Hussein
sins, George Bush sins, Muslim fanatics sin, and Americans sin.  That's the
reason why Jesus died on the cross: to save eac of us from the sin which we
are incapable of saving ourselves from.  And isn't that the reason for
pilgrimage: to proceed through a process of recognizing our sins, to perform
an act of contrition, and to thank God for sending His Son to save us?

Take down the statue or leave it up: it will not stop sin.  Only Christ will
be able to do that.

BTW, Rolf, every story DOES contain a grain of truth -- it's the lies you
really have to watch out for.  "The devil is in the details."

Karen Willmus