luggage, food & security: st james caring

pieter pannevis pieterpannevisaGMX.NET
Tue Mar 30 03:27:21 PST 2004

Dear all,
 Just another wonderful story:
Walking on my ways in Belgium it was hot and I was very tired. A deserted
farm came to my rescue. Still furniture inside; I had a comfortable chair in
the sun with my feet up on the windowsill. There were traces of vagabond
frequenting this place, however I put everything off and had a nap. Then I
continued to the point I thought fit for a camping stop and shopped in a
store only to find out that I lost my money passport, cards and everything.
The nice people of the supermarket gave me all the perishable goods I had
chosen for free and a telephone card to phone the "gendarmerie". Nothing was
found! I was in real trouble. Then I saw a bike- as to trace back my steps
was too much.... I cycled and cycled, but there was nothing on the
roadside...the only hope remained with the deserted farm...I entered the
huge building and went to the window with the chair...there it was all!

Needlessly to say I thanked St James on my knees!
Coming back to the supermarket; the owner and family were that surprised and
interested about my undertaking that they said: just shop around for free
and say a small prayer for us in Santiago.

The Camino might eventually make a better world!

Pieter-the Netherlands

---