Guidebook to the Northern Route

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 24 11:36:21 PST 2004

Somehow I have missed receiving the commentator-reporter's writing regarding the Plata. Do you have it, or the web site address?

Thank you, as always!
Deanna

Rosina Lila <BlaroliaAOL.COM> wrote:
Hi,
I am sure that there must be a guide to the Northern Way, but I don't know of a specific one. I do have, however, the translations that I made of the reports from the commentator-reporter that walked the eight routes of the camino in Galicia, last fall, including the Northern Way.
Both the Northern and the Primitive Way are very popular with Spaniard pilgrims, to tell  by the many e-messages that they write about them. I personally intend to walk the Northern Way next year because it sounds very interesting and lovely and the fascinating  (in the true sense of the word) Sobrado dos Monxes Monastery is right in its middle. -This year I have already promised to walk the Portuguese Way with some companions, including my son, who are quite enthusiastic about walking close to the coast line and seeing the ancient churches and monuments there, as well as the rivers with the "hot waters".-
If you wish, I can send you the Northern Way translations as an attachment.  Let me know.
Regarding the "Via de la Plata"  guide prepared by the Seville University and the Association of Friends, as I remember it costs around 12-14 Euros and can be purchased also in a bookstore called "Casa del Libro", located in the pedestrian Tetuan street (parallel to the famous Sierpes one), somewhere between City Hall and the "Campanas" park, where the Corte Ingles is.
If any one of you wants me to get the guide for him/her while I am in Seville, you needn't send the cost beforehand. We can deal with it when I come back.
Warm regards,
Rosina