water

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Mar 24 09:28:01 PST 2004

In July 2002 there were a lot of stomach bugs west of Astorga, we had quite a
few people who had to rest up two or three days at Rabanal.

Curiously most seem to have used the same snack bar - draw your own conclusions.

If it says NO POTABLE you don't drink from it. The water from most fuentes
tastes far better than treated water from town taps. I often ditched my tap
water as soon as I reached the first fuente.

As for bottled water, have you heard of the recent debacle in the UK where a
multi-national drinks company (no names but I always prefered Pepsi) was
bottling tap water after having "purified" it? Turned out their purification
system turned harmless bromide into harmfull bromate; it's now been withdrawn
from the market!

Jeffrey