reading on the Camino

claudia castellani claudietta67aHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 15 06:47:07 PST 2004

I saw absolutely no second-hand bookshops whatsoever on the Camino.

I walked the Camino in September and I brought a warm sleeping bag because a
girl who had walked the Camino the year before told me there is great
difference between day and night as regards to temperatures. I found it was
true, but my sleeping bag was definitely too warm. Apart for one night when
we slept in a room with no doors, that is open to fresh air (it was cold for
me!), the rest of the Camino I had some problems with my too warm sleeping
bag (and I normally need to sleep warm!).

I also never needed a mattress because I always found place either in a
hostel or in a gym with mattresses on the ground. But as you are leaving in
this year where there will be many many pilgrims around, you might have
problems in finding a mattress or a rug to sleep. So I don't know, I might
be wrong, but it might be a good idea having a light mattress with you.

Claudia