$$$

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Tue Mar 9 08:47:53 PST 2004

I'm glad to see you've changed your mind about using a credit card. I
would further advise you to have two, one Visa and one something else.
Ocassionally when one card won't work, the other will. Also, sometimes
the system is down (we experienced this in Rome) and nothing works. We
went into a bank and they were able to issue us cash using our credit
card. Many stores in large and small towns won't take traveler's checks
and some won't take credit cards because of the surcharge they have to
pay and/or because of technology.
Another bit of advice - Don't let your money supply run down to zero.
Always have enough for a room, a meal, and a taxi. That way you don't
ever have to worry about getting stranded. Best, Lydia