Digital Memory Cards

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Mon Mar 8 18:03:49 PST 2004

For those who use AA cells, a solar charger can do the job on both
Nicads and NiMHs. Mine weighed only 6 ounces (about 170 g) and I could
hang it from a cord on my left side so that it was in the sun.
Naturally, the rule of the perversity of inanimate objects kicked in
when my first case of cell depletion occurred at the same time that the
first rain of the trip started. I lucked out however - all this
happened in the evening and the next morning there was enough
occasional sunlight to do the job. The other advantage of AAs is that
you can just about always find a place to buy the ordinary alkaline
cells if you are unable to do any recharging.

Bob