walking back

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 7 14:55:25 PST 2004

The book, Clear Waters Rising, was written by Nicholas Crane after he walked
across Spain west to east on on to Istanbul.  It was a delightful account,
in my opinion, with pictures, etc.

When I was settling in on my third night out of Le Puy, in Domain Le
Sauvage, a most remarkable pilgrim lady walked it.  She was like a little
elf and spoke many different languages.  I heard her say something in
Englaish and snapped to...she was talking about having walked from her home
in Royon, France, through LePuy, to Finisterre and was only a few days and 4
months from home.  I asked her about gong the "wrong" way and she stated
that the only thing not so fun was people who thought she was going the
"wrong way".