Trekking poles

SUBSCRIBE GOCAMINO GASpangler GASpangleraHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 28 08:24:51 PDT 2004

...and there you have it, folks, the great trekking pole controversy.
To Trek, or Not to Trek...
Two camps, as divided as Catholic and Protestant, East and West.
I don’t use poles. I personally think they are a hindrance. Others love’em.
Some people actually need to walk with them. You sort it out for yourself.
If you do want to try them, look at the ‘LekiSport Absorber Pro Trekking
Poles’. They are probably about the best for the bucks, and of course, get
two. Everything needs to be balanced about your carry weight (mochila) and
stride. If you walk with one, it would probably induce symptoms yet unknown
to medical science. They are about $60 a pair, and you need to train with
them for a week or two, along with your pack, to see if they are a needed
item.
Here is a URL for the LekiSport Absorber:
http://www.basegear.com/basegear/lekiabsorber.html
Buying gear doesn’t make you a walker, walking makes you a walker. The
Camino is about finding out. You don’t choose the Road, the Road chooses
you. Yield, and do what you need to complete your mission. Dios Bendiga y
Buen Camino!

Grant Spangler
GASpanglerahotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/ElCaminoSantiago