Translators. Ruta Quetzal

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Mon Jul 26 09:40:13 PDT 2004

Hello,
The credit-card size English-Spanish (and viceversa) translator  "with
advanced verb conjugation" that sells for $29.95 is a Seiko ET 2240.  It can be
obtained in almost every electronics store in New York. City  The others,
including multi-language ones range in price from $50 to $500 Dlls and are
manufactured by Franklin or Lingo.. In my view, the little one is sufficiently effective
for the Camino.  (I went to dinner to a restaurant in New York where only
Spanish, and no English, is spoken, and has  menus to match, and my three
unilingual relatives that will go on the Camino with me managed pretty well to ask
questions and order their dinner with only the help of the little translators).

There is a Camino that goes from America (the continent) to Santiago called
Ruta Quetzal. The pilgrims that traverse it set off by ship from some port in
Latin America and disembark either in Spain or Portugal to begin walking to
Santiago.  Yesterday, the Archbishop received 350 Quetzal pilgrims, mostly young
people from various Latin American countries, at the Cathedral, and remarked
on the fact that the number of Quetzal Route pilgrimages has multiplied
dramatically over the past few years.  The groups,  sponsored by the Catholic
affiliated associations, are expected to number at least ten on the next Jacobean
Holy Year, which will be in 2010.

I expect to reach Santiago at the end of next month and remain in the city
and its environs for a week. While there, I will find out the details about
joining such groups and will pass them on. If any one of you would like me to look
into anything else, please let me know.
Regards,
Rosina