starting in April from LePuy

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Wed Jul 7 10:10:03 PDT 2004

Crystal, I agree with Cathy that April weather is likely to include rain and
snow. We started from Le Puy April  28th of this year and  arrived in Figeac
May 14th. We are slow walkers and walked about 6 hours a day, so it could be
done several days faster. I think on all but 3 of those days I was wearing my
rain pants, and on several of them we had snow - about 6 inches deep on the pass
just before Aubrac. We had a great trip because we were well prepared for the
weather - the umbrella was a big trip.  However, it was not the beautiful
sunny spring weather we were expecting.  I'd say start the middle of May, but
then you might miss the huge fields of wild daffodills lightly covered with fresh
snow. I've got quite a bit more info on the trip on our webpage on the third
camino page http://www.backpack45.com/camino2p3.html, and feel free to email
me directly if you have questions.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com