Digital Camera?Recharging

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Sat Jan 24 19:33:20 PST 2004

Well, I was wrong (Can you believe it! ) I looked at the plugs with my battery charger. It has  two round pins  on one plug (they don't fit in the USA) and two flat pins on the other one. They do fit in the USA.. The charger says on the back
Input: 100V-240V ~ AC 50/60Hz
Output: 8.4V
...and some other stuff.
So those round pins are the things to use in Spain, aren't they? And it will be okay to use this charger because it says 240V?

What would I do without a list with Jeffrey-folk on it!

Deanna

Jeffrey Crawley <jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK> wrote:
European plugs (NOT in Great Britain) have either just two pins or two pins and a hole that takes the earth (ground) pin that sticks out from the socket.

British plugs have three rectangular pins.

Be aware that the European grid supplies electricity at 220 - 230 volts, twice what you get in the USA. Unless your appliance is dual volatge you're likely to fry it.

Jeffrey
----- Original Message -----
From: athena
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:05 AM
Subject: Re: Digital Camera?Recharging

Refresh my memory: Weren't the plugs in Spain the kind with three round whatsies that you stick in the wall, as opposed to our USA two flat whatsies?
If so, Jane, you can recharge with a three round whatsie doozle. One of those came with my Canon camera.
Deanna the technological wizard, obviously

Jane Cutting <cuttingupaEARTHLINK.NET> wrote:
I would prefer to take my digital camera on the Camino. Is there a way to
charge the battery? Or is this just a bad idea?

Janey