Taking children

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Sat Jan 24 11:36:22 PST 2004

It depends a great deal on the ages of the children. I met a family (one
German parent and one English parent) with a pair of teenagers - a boy
in mid teens and a girl in her late teens. They were doing fine. The
young man told me that his friends were shocked to the core when he
informed them that he was going walking on his vacation and they were
speechless when he admitted that he was going to be with his parents,
but his attitude was that his friends didn't realize what they were
missing. He had infected blister problems at one point and had to take
public transportation for one section to keep up, but he was very
cheerful about the whole thing and seemed to be in great spirits. The
other pilgrims enjoyed having these bright, young people around the
refugios.

regards,

Bob Spenger