col Sampert

Robert E. Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Thu Jan 22 03:01:14 PST 2004

The scenery at the Col itself is really spectacular - if the weather is clear
enough to see it. The route (Camino Aragonés) is much less crowded than the
Camino Francés. The sudden enormous increase in the number of pilgrims after
the routes join at Puente la Reina can be qute disconcerting.

Since this is a Holy Year, both routes will likely be much more heavily used
than before, but I doubt that there would be much change in the ratio of
numbers of pilgrims on the two alternatives.

regards,

Bob Spenger
rspengeraearthlink.net