Credencial

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Jan 21 09:24:02 PST 2004

This has been reported before, certainly on the stretch from Ponferada to
Santiago. Possibly it was an attempt to make pilgrims 'prove' that they had
been on the road and not just jumping from refugio to refugio - a bit pointless
realy.

Last year there was no problem with just the one stamp though
(September/October).

There are numerous different types of credential no one is any better than
another. You can obtain additional/replacement ones as you go, at Rabanal for
instance and in Sarria they'll give you one that is actually printed up for the
last stages to Santiago for free - it's a bit of an odd size though.

Some people get by with just an additional slip of paper inside their card.

Jeffrey