cuevas de Altamira

bcamadouglasb.freeserve.co.uk bcamaDOUGLASB.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Tue Jan 13 08:08:49 PST 2004

Carli makes a good point.Public transport to the caves is not great. By the
time your bus from Santander arrives at the caves,in high season,you will
most likely be stuck at the back of a long queue. The only bus back leaves
at about 130pm and you'll be very lucky to be allocated a ticket that will
get you out in time.Make sure you check that before paying out. You have
absolutely no chance of blagging a place on an earlier tour,even with the
gift of the blarney gab.I think it is possible to get a ticket in advance
at the Tourismo in Santander.

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Bortolo Di, C.A. (Carli) CA.Di.BortoloaLELYSTAD.NL
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:22:31 +0100
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: cuevas de Altamira

Be aware!
Only a few persons each day are allowed entrance in the original caves. You
will have to write a letter in advance, and by my knowledge it will take
over a year.
But then again, a very beautiful replica (1:1) is made of the cave (the
neocueva, see http://www.rutasporcantabria.com/maltamira.htm )with an
exhibition and a very nice guided tour, which I really do recommend.

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo