GOCAMINO Digest - 8 Jan 2004 to 9 Jan 2004 (#2004-8)

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Sat Jan 10 12:51:23 PST 2004

Nancy, we walked the Camino in 2001 while both in our sixties, and had no age
related problems.  However, we both used walking sticks to help our knees.
Maura is right about the confraternity guide - I would say it is a must.  There
are a couple of good guide books in English now that contain maps.  John
Brierley's Pilgrim Guide has the best maps. Davies and Cole has useable maps, and
I like their text a little better than Brierley's.  I recommend that you look
at my camino page for a concise start on your planning
www.backpack45.com/camino2.html

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from
Seasoned Women Backpackers