Santiago pictures

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Jan 7 05:00:44 PST 2004

Hello you all,
I just got a message from dear Pieter who is back in Holland (people who live in Eirope go from one country to another the way we New Yorkers go to New Jersey.... I/m envious).
He tells me that the onli e-list that accepts pictures is Santiagobiz, but that he can put the pictures in a special link where they will remain for a month.
Those of you who may want to see them will surely know how to negotiate your way to them.
By the way, I wish to apologize for the infinity of typos, etc., in the messages I/ve sent. The keyboard here communicates with the (TV) screen through infra-red means, and it, often, it does not. Further, the AOL that gets here has no spell check nor warnings of mispellings and such, and some of the keyboard characters in USA computers are missing here. The AOL communication, also, takes forever.
The Sunday shower of stars over Santiago hs been widely reported in Spain; some people are of the opinion that it was a meteorite that exploded and showered doen in the form of stars.  The Galician newspapers also say that the albergues are fairly full and that it is expected that the number of 2004 pilgrims will far surpass the 1999 ones.
One last thing, before I left Santiago I was told that the Pilgrims office will mail the 360 degrees Santiago DCrom. If you are interested send a message to "Eli" in the pilgrims/ office (She is in chage of the little souvenirs store downstairs).  You can get the e-mail address by going to the Archdiocese website (www.archicompostela.org), then clock on the multicolored shell to the right to go to the pilgrim7s office and then click on the British flag to get the page in English.  The e-mail address of the pilgrims/ office is there.
The mundicaminno site (www.mundicamino.com) has a nice article about the shower of stars.... in Spanish, though).
OK.... I7ll mail the pictures to Pieter today.
Warm regards,
Rosina