Sleeping Bag Advice/September Camino

Eyskens jeyskensaAUSTIN.RR.COM
Sat Jan 3 09:00:37 PST 2004

PS

For the last two Septembers, the weather has been fairly mild, in
western Leon, but rainy, and more so the further west you go.  Plan
accordingly.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Road to Santiago Pilgrimage [mailto:GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU] On
Behalf Of and Jennifer Wing
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 8:30 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Sleeping Bag Advice/September Camino

Happy New Year everyone.  I need some advice about a sleeping bag I'm
about to purchase.  I will be doing the Camino Frances in September of
2004, and I am quite sure I should be prepared with a sleeping bag as it
is a Holy Year.  I have a feeling I may have to use it due to the number
of people that will be on the Camino.

I am wondering if a 20+ degrees Farenheit sleeping bag will be warm
enough on the Camino in September, just in case I ever have to sleep
outside.  I have been told to avoid down-filled as it is very slow to
dry.  However, I am still not sure about the warmth factor.  Any advise
would be appreciated.

By the way, I have been spending a great deal of time reading everyone's
posts and taking notes for my trip this September.  I can't thank you
all enough for sharing your insights and experiences.  It has been
invaluable to me, and I am so grateful.  Thank you.

JB