rejections

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Fri Feb 20 07:43:52 PST 2004

Dear Group Members,

I think that I have finally solved the problem of many of my rejected
messages. Gocamino does not accept italics. I tried a couple of simple
test messages, one with italics and one without and - sure enough - the
one with the italics got bounced. At this point, I don't know how a
message writer can emphasize a word in messages to this group. I have
heard often enough that the use of caps in e-mail is equated with
shouting and is considered to be very impolite. Since the Gocamino
rejections contain the group name and forbidden attachment type all in
caps - who is shouting at whom? How about that URI.EDU administrators?
N.B. - This is no reflection of the Gocamino list owner. The list
owners are at the mercy of the university computer system
administrators.

I haven't heard complaints about rejection problems from other members,
so perhaps I was the only one naive enough to use italics.

regards,

Bob Spenger