Horse receiving Compostela

Karen Willmus willmusaRUNESTONE.NET
Wed Feb 18 20:13:59 PST 2004

As to the horse receiving the Compostela instead of the pilgrim - to anyone
who has never ridden a horse for more than an hour, I suggest that you would
rather trade 4 hours on horseback for 8 or possibly 10 on foot.  I ride
horses regularly and trail ride a couple of times a summer - and it still
kills me to do the first full day.  Within three hours, I'm begging to have
my Adidas back and my feet on the ground... and I'm sure my horse would
rather I take to the ground, too!

As far as I can see, the only advantage a horse has over going on foot is
speed.  Does anyone know approximately how fast riding a horse on the
pilgrimage takes?

Karen Willmus