Siesta

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Wed Feb 18 10:25:59 PST 2004

One surprising exception to this is the bars. They are generally open.
Some of them serve meals and are the best places to get the main meal
of the day - in mid afternoon. I suppose that I shouldn't say
"surprising." It is not a siesta in the sense of taking a nap, but a
time to close up the shop and go out for a leisurely lunch. Since
dinners are served quite late in the evenings and albergues often lock
the doors at 10 PM or even earlier, it is more convenient to have the
main meal of the day in the afternoon - about 2 PM.

regards,

Bob Spenger