Brierley Book

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Tue Feb 17 20:43:36 PST 2004

I replied to Charles off list about this, but thought I should mention it here.  I wrote the positive review on Amazon, and am not the publisher.  When my wife and I walked the Camino in 2001, we had a hard time finding information about it.  My wife later wrote a book about a different subject, we formed a publishing company and published it, and as part of that we created a website.  That website evolved way beyond the original concept, and now is primarily about long distance hiking, The John Muir Trail and Camino de Santiago.  We put the Camino page there as our way of giving back some of what we got from that wonderful trip.  I've tried to review every english language guide on the Camino that I can find, in hopes of helping other pilgrims.  None of the camino guides are error free, but I still thing the Brierley guide is a good guide and in terms of book layout and visual effect, a step above any other english language guide.  I do emphasise on our website that you sho!
 uld always take the confraternity guide, and supplement it with one of the others for additional information and cross checking.
Ralph AlcornShepherd Canyon Books