correction

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Mon Feb 16 20:20:51 PST 2004

I am going to be so bold as to make a minor correction to what Rosina wrote:

>"The only requirements that I know about are for obtaining the
>Compostela, which itself may not be everyone's desire.-I know of
>several pilgrims who have walked from as far away as Assisi and have
>not gotten one-.  But for those pilgrims that seek  the Compostela,
>the requirement is that they walk at least 100 kilometers or ride a
>bicycle for 200."
She left out "the last" twice -
  "But for those pilgrims that seek  the Compostela, the requirement
is that they walk at least the last 100 kilometers or ride a bicycle
for the last 200."

(This I learned last September, having walked altogether about 300 km
but only the last 90-odd, namely from Portomarin;  in spite of my
entreaties, and my demonstration of suitable dates for my walking
from SJPP to Belorado, the very polite señor(it)as at the SdC office
insisted that I receive only the 'certificado'. I was crestfallen for
a while but realized that they were only doing their job and that I
had en route suffered worst things than not being given a piece of
paper).
Tom

--
Tom Priestly