Brierley book

Kinsey Carpenter KCarpenteraCMINS.COM
Mon Feb 16 20:03:30 PST 2004

I used the Brierly guide book exclusively from SJPP to Santiago. I found
it informative and insightful and I have no reservations about
recommending it to anyone. The only spot I recall the directions to be
wrong (probably outdated) was walking out of Ponferrada. On page 247 the
guidance under the tunnel is wrong as one should take the gravel road
between the wine co-op and the Man truck dealership. I also take
exception to Mr. Brierly's rather positive remarks regarding the
Manjarin albergue. I and all who shared the experience with me found the
sleeping situation and general sanitation to be questionable. Tomas, the
hospitalero/proprietor is fascinating but I suggest you experience his
unique hospitality as a rest stop between Rabanal and Molinaseca.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Gower [mailto:kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM]
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 2:25 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: Brierley book

I bought the Brierly book years after making the Camino Frances and was
reassured and impressed by this very competant little book. I gave it to
my
nephew when he walked the Camino last summer...he ended up giving it to
pilgrims who were eager for it when he took some time off the route in
the
intense heat of last summer.  We both wish we had it again...and will
probably order it from Findhorn Press, not Amazon.  I do have his
version
from Santiago to Finisterre and plan on using it asap.  Both are good
companions to the Confraternity guides which sometimes have glaring
errors
in distance.

>From: Duke Klassen <dklassenaMN.RR.COM>
>To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
>Subject: Brierley book
>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:58:01 -0500
>
>Charles,
>
>     I bought the John Brierley guide too but later read a very
negative
>customer review at Amazon.com's site. (There were only two reviews, so
feel
>free to read it there).  Has anyone else used the Brierley book on the
>camino and also found it wanting?
>
>Duke

Let the advanced features & services of MSN Internet Software maximize
your
online time. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200363ave/direct/01/

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or proprietary work product intended for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Carpenter Moore Insurance Services, Inc. for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.