Santiago Pilgrimage

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Sun Feb 15 07:52:45 PST 2004

Dear Mary,
Stop worrying! By the sounds of things you're in much better physical
shape than I was. Oh I paid the price, but I would do it again (and
actually plan to do it again) as soon as possible. If your husband "has
his heart set on it" and he wants you to be with him, go. GO! I think
everyone on all the lists you joined (I got your message three different
ways!) will agree that the details take care of themselves. We stayed in
refugios sometimes and in small hotels other times. There are two small
hotels in Roncesvalle that are clean and comfortable. In many places you
can make reservations at a hostel so you know you have a bed. Use the
next several weeks to get into shape by walking with your pack. Do some
hill walking as well as flatland. Others will have tons of practical
advice. Go. best wishes, Lydia