Questions: Book? maps? weather?

Ralph Alcorn RBALCORNaCS.COM
Thu Feb 5 09:38:17 PST 2004

I recommend either of these two (pasted from my website):

Davies and Cole - Walking the Camino de Santiago is an excellent guide that
just came out. It weighs 11 oz., describes the route, some of the history, plus
some of the flora and fauna. It reads easily, has some sketch maps and
elevation profiles of the route.  I highly recommend it.  Their website is
www.pilipalapress.com
John Brierley - A Pilgrim's Guide to the Camino Francés: From St. Jean Pied
de Port to Santiago de Compostela. This 15+ oz guide is full color with 33
excellent maps and trail profiles along with route descriptions. Each map
represents a typical day. Good beginner info, self help info for the spiritual
journey. Get this if you don't get Davies and Cole, or get both and decide yourself.

Also, do order the Confraternity of St. James Camino Frances.  They will air
post it and it takes about a week to arrive in the US. The link is on our
camino page http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill:
     Tales and Tips From Seasoned Women Backpackers