[Gocamino] New Year's Eve in Santiago and Rosina

Kathy Gower kathygower at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 31 11:31:28 PST 2004

Right now it is New Year's Eve in Santiago, and as Rosina wrote some time
ago:

"...As mentioned before, I'll be leaving for Santiago tomorrow night to
attend
the special Pilgrims Mass on the 31st -during which medals will be bestowed
upon
some pilgrim members of the Universal Archicofradia-, the commemorative
dinner afterwards at the San Martin Pinario Seminary and the closing of the
Holy
Door (sigh!) ceremonies which will commence at the Cathedral at 4:30 p.m.,
-10.30 a.m. New York time- and which will be televised and viewable through
computer link (?)..."

Well, I think Rosina was being very modest, because actually, Rosina herself
was receiving a medal from the Archbishop for some very important and
incredible work she did for the Archiofradia some time ago. Brava, dar
Rosina, enjoy the moment for all of us!

Rosina is an incredible link to the powers that be in Santiago de Compostela
and is certainly well deserving of this honor.  She has promised to hug the
saint for all of us and wishes us all a peace-filled new year, as I'm sure
we do to one another.  Hurray!

A blessed New Year and Hopes for another Camino in all of our lives...those
special moments that alter a life in ways we can't even guess at...

be well, Rosina, et al,
kathy