[Gocamino] Post Christmas Poem....Going to Santiago

Blaroli at aol.com Blaroli at aol.com
Mon Dec 27 07:30:41 PST 2004

Hello you all,
Someone sent me a beautifully lovely Christmas Day poem that must absolutely
be shared. Alas!, it is in Spanish.  I'll attempt a translation, hoping that
someone..... Johanne?    Ana?   Somebody? will  translate it properly:

VILLANCICO DE LOS ABUELOS.

Repica una campana
desde los cielos,
porque Joaquin y Ana
 ya son abuelos.

Que vuestra campana
nunca tenga f.in,
Senora Santa Ana,
Senor San Joaquin

                          (Antonio Murciano)

                                ----

GRANDPARENTS CAROL

A bell rings
from the skies above
because Joaquim and Anne
have become grandparents.

May your heavenly bell
never have an end,
my lord San Joaquim,
my lady Saint Anne.

                                              ----
Those fortunate among us who are grandparents, and those of us who yearn to
be
(my next pilgrimage will be a silent prayer for such happy event), will
cherish the poem.

As mentioned before, I'll be leaving for Santiago tomorrow night to attend
the special Pilgrims Mass on the 31st -during which medals will be bestowed upon
some pilgrim members of the Universal Archicofradia-, the commemorative
dinner afterwards at the San Martin Pinario Seminary and the closing of the Holy
Door (sigh!) ceremonies which will commence at the Cathedral at 4:30 p.m.,
-10.30 a.m. New York time- and which will be televised and viewable through
computer link (?).

While there I will certainly ask whether you must be a Catholic to become a
member of the Archicofradia.  I, personally, do not think so..... A Christian,
yes, but a Catholic, no.
It often surprises me to read in the church leaflets of some New York City
Catholic churches a suggestions that non-Catholics may not take Communion.
While in Spain, or Italy, I have very often gone to Mass with Episcopalian
friends, and have asked the priests whether they may take Communion.  The response
has always been that all Christians have a place at Jesus' table.

Lastly, I had requested the postal addresses of those of you who were
interested in the new CDRom and some pictures.  I remember seeing some of the
addresses, but except for Paul's and Grant's I seem to have lost the others
accidentally.
Please, DO send them again before tomorrow.
And,  if you think of anything that I can look up, or bring for you, while in
Santiago, let me know.
Big hug!
Rosina