Botafumeiro. Aquarelas book.

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 13 11:22:40 PDT 2004

Thano you, Rosina, for all your information! I REALLY missed your messages when gocamino went down on my computer, and I was only on santiagobis, a lovely list but quite Rosina-less!

I had trouble finding a confessor in Santiago who spoke English.  I finally found one (a Spaniard, actually). Then, when he went into the Confessional and I knelt down and found that I could not see him and could barely hear him over the noise of crowds awaiting Mass... I became totally terrified! I have made face-to-face confessions all my Catholic life so this old-fashioned set-up drove every thought out of my mind! Thank goodness you don't have to confess what you can't remember! And thank goodness that the Lord has a sense of humor. The priest probably thought I was totally out of it! But he gave absolution and I crawled into a pew to reflect.  So...be prepared for a different sort of experience, fellow "modern" Catholics!

Deanna