sometimes too hot the eye of heaven shines

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 13 10:46:50 PDT 2004

Yes, a poncho can blow badly. Carry a string or safety pins to tie the bottom through those little holes it should have. I will just have my goretex jacket, the light umbrella, and goretex socks because in a real rain your shoes will get wet inside, even if they are the very best waterproof. The socks are hard to find. I was quite lucky.
Deanna

Maura Santangelo <maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM> wrote:
I carried light weight rain gear, we had a lot of rain and wind and I
was glad for the jacket, a poncho would have been blown away by the
wind.