The 60+ Club

Liz Allen peaceplanet_6400aYAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 22 15:09:48 PDT 2004

Hi Glory:
I will answer the question myself - as I found myself virtually "stranded" because I had a one way ticket through a consolidator - evidently, they do not know the immigration requirements - I found out you MUST HAVE a return ticket to the US in order to even LEAVE the US - this is a requirement of all countries in Europe - however it was not this way before -
So I bought another one way ticket from London to the US, it doesn't matter when - just that you have a ticket back to your country of origin -
I checked with the French and Spanish embassy and my airline - and they said I would not be allowed in the country with a one way ticket -
However, just as long as you have the Europe - US return ticket, doesn't matter in each individual country.
Hope this clears up the confusion.
Liz

Glory <iamgloryaYAHOO.COM> wrote:

I have the same problem.  If someone has an answer please let us know.

"Give your spirit wings and you will soar among eagles"