Biarritz

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Wed Apr 21 16:26:09 PDT 2004

Tania,

There are loads of places at all prices in Biarritz. When I came back last year (train from Santiago to Hendaye then Biarritz - amazing trip) at midnight I just hailed a cab from the station and he took me to a (slightly run down but comfortable) hotel in the Vieux Port area and there were lots more to choose from. Strangly enough when I hailed a cab the next day to go to the airport I got the same guy!

Biarritz is a strange town ranging from high class Paris fashion to surfer chic and quite pricey so watch out - paid 7.50 euros for a breakfast that would cost you 2.50 in Spain!.

If I can find the name of the hotel I'll post it for you. There is an efficient Syndicat d'Initiative (tourist office to you and me) in the Vieux Port area too.

Seem to recall I got to Biarritz airport about 1.30pm. Caught the bus outside of the arrivals hall to Bayonne station, waited for the 5.30 train to SJPP got there about 6.45?

Memory is a little vague already and I've no journal owing to a mishap with my Palm Pilot - trust pen and paper!

Buen Camino, Perigrina!

Jeffrey
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tania A. Robson
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 3:23 PM
  Subject: Re: The 60+ Club

  Hello -- Is it relatively easy to find accommodation in Biarritz?  Approx how long of a journey is it from Biarritz to Ste. Jean?

  I am flying from Stansted to Biarritz (next week actually!!) on Ryanair.....very cheap flights!!  Amazing!!

  Will be signing off from this list very shortly to leave for my Camino - thanks to all for your support, advice, and wisdom.  Its made the preparation of my journey almost effortless :-)  The real test comes next week!!   Hope to meet some of you along The Way and will be back on the list in June sometime!

  Thanks in advance,
  Tania
  Ontario, Canada