Children on Camino??

Robert Spenger rspengeraEARTHLINK.NET
Tue Apr 6 10:19:29 PDT 2004

Based on my own experience, i.e. backpacking in the Sierra Nevada range
with our daughter 35 years ago, an energetic youngster is far better
equipped  to do an "arduous" hike than the average adult. As far as
risk is concerned, it depends on the weather - as was mentioned in
another message. The weather in the Pyrenees is always chancy and is a
risk for anyone of any age.
  Another point that I keep harping on is that there is no rule that
says that the Route de Napoleon has to start from SJPP. This is a phony
modern tradition. It makes far more sense to enjoy the food and lodging
of Hounnto and have a pleasant 17 km walk the next day.

regards,

Bob