Santo Domingo

R.James Disharoon jamesaDISHAROON.NET
Sun Sep 28 13:25:33 PDT 2003

David,

We had rented a car in Madrid at 10:00 AM when our plane landed and made it to Santa Domingo de Silos by 1:30 for midday services. We then drove on to Pamplona to recover from our jet lag. Santa Domingo de Silos is OFF of A5(?) going north out of Madrid. It is only about 50 km southeast of Burgos. The roads to the monastery from the autopista (sp) would be best decribed by an American as country farm roads. My guess would be that there would be much better bus services from Burgos than from Madrid. I am currently without my maps to check for the actual milages and times.

James

 From Lindsay & David <lobstertrapaMIDMAINE.COM> on 28 Sep 2003: