Santo Domingo

Lindsay & David lobstertrapaMIDMAINE.COM
Sun Sep 28 15:32:13 PDT 2003

Dear All,

Two weeks ago I asked about lodging in Santo Domingo de Silos. Thank you for
your encouragement and advice. Could you now advise me on the best way to
get to Santo Domingo from Madrid? We will be arriving in Madrid around 8:30
AM. We would like to spend the first night in Santo Domingo, and then pick
up the Camino the next day, somewhere west of Burgos.

We thought we might take the bus. Is there a route directly from Madrid to
Santo Domingo? Or should we take a train to Burgos and rent a car? Do you
have other suggestions?

My fellow pilgrims have suggested that our purpose in Spain is the Camino.
However, I am a great lover of chant and monasteries, and I thought we might
acclimate ourselves the first night in a place that pleases all the senses.

Thank you again for your help. We leave for the Camino on October 6.

Warmly,

David