Monastery/convent accommodation in Santiago/Galicia

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 27 13:52:48 PDT 2003

Dear Rosina, or anyone else who may have the information,

I wonder if you can help me to find details of a religious house in Santiago
or else in Galicia somewhere where I might be able to stay for a week or two
(as a paying guest/retreatant)?

I hope that sometime in the next six or nine months I will be able to do a
stretch of the Camino but for different reasons I want to spend a little
while in Santiago before that.  My health is not 100% and I need some access
to cooking facilities and some quiet space, so I wonder if I might be able
to stay in one of the monasteries or convents for a week or two.  I would
like to be near the cathedral, because I want to spend some time there, but
that isn't vital. Somewhere else in Galicia would be okay.  I hope to be
able to get by with my Spanish so it isn't a problem if they don't speak
English.

It would be wonderful if this is possible, because I feel it will inspire me
and encourage me to actually walk the Camino later.

If you don't have the information but if you know where I could ask, that
would be great.

Thank you very much.

Sally
Lancashire, UK