Almost - sleep

David Hough caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 20 08:08:52 PDT 2003

Pieter is right but it is fair to say that the terrain
before SJPP is
much easier than what is about to follow from
SJPP to Roncesvalles.   And so it make a better
starting point.   I ran into several people whose
camino was ruined at the outset by over-exertion
on the Route Napoleon.    I should add that planning
to start from Huntto is an excellent precaution for
anybody doing it the first time.

The only negative is, that by starting further back
in France, pilgrims are more dependent on speaking
some French than if they flew to Pamplona and took
a taxi to SJPP.