Bars

Kerrie Littlejohn kerrielittlejohnaHOTMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 18 17:31:29 PDT 2003

You can only get food from the kitchen of bars when the kitchen is open, if it is open. Unless you are buying tapas or pastries which have already been made and are sitting on the counter. My experiences were that the kitchens were seldom open. Normally, just for dinner at night. And even then, depending on the bar, they usually wouldn't make anything that wasn't on the menu or at least the menu for the day.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doug Tustin
  To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
  Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 6:28 PM
  Subject: Re: Bars

  During my visits to Spain I found that bars are places to buy coffee, beer
  and wine as well as other alcoholic beverages, a place for family and
  friends to socialize, watch TV,  and a place to eat. They are usually open
  when other restaurants are closed.

  In the morning various pasteries are available.  Later there are tapas,
  small plates of various kinds of foods. Then there are sandwiches or
  bocadillos, often ham. One can usually order fried potatoes.

  I have a question about other kinds of food in bars. I'm lean, usually very
  hungry, and find the offerings limited both in size and type of food. Since
  bars  have kitchens, is it possible to order more regular type of meals?
  Are the kitchens flexible for fixing a la cart orders?

  Doug